As mentioned in the March newsletter, (if you missed this you can read it here), we have a new committee on board and we’d like to allow you to get to know us a little better in our latest post.
As promised you now have free access to the Capstone California learning platform. Please find the links for both level 1 and level 2 in the newsletter we have emailed you. This link has been specially generated for you, and you should not share it with any other persons.
We’re really excited to have access to this amazing educational tool and we would love to hear how you’re getting on with your studies, you can let us know through our private members’ Facebook Group, (if you are not a member yet but would like to join, please request to join and we will accept you into the forum).
In other news, we are delighted to announce our first events of 2022. On Tuesday 12th April Lynda Coogan from A Class of Wine, will be hosting a BYOB (Bring Your Own Bottle) online tasting from pm – pm. The theme is Back to Basics and the wines Lynda will be tasting on the night are Lingenfelder Bird Riesling Germany €13.95 and Vina Chocalan Cabernet Sauvignon Chile €12.95, both available from O’Briens.
Also, If you have the following items of food we can taste these together and have a bit of fun exploring food & wine pairings – salt, lemon, dark chocolate, chilli flakes.
If you can’t get a hold of the wines above fear not, Lynda has some alternative options for you and all of the wines suggested are under €15.00 and widely available from O’Brien’s, Supervalu, Dunnes Stores & Lidl. Alternatives if you don’t have an off-dry Riesling or New World Cabernet Sauvignon try to pick up a Rías Baixas Albariño for the white and the opposite of a Cabernet Sauvignon such as a Pinot Noir.
Some suggestions from O’Briens
Some suggestions from Supervalu
Some suggestions from Dunnes Stores
- Weinhaus Reh Kindermann Riesling
- Nai E Señora Albarino
- Barossa Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wave Series by Carmen Pinot Noir
Lidl’s Winemaker Selection – all under €10.00
- Pinot Noir New Zealand
- Cabernet Sauvignon Australia
- Riesling Clare/Eden Valley Australia
As it’s our first event and we have members based all across Ireland (and the world!), we decided a virtual social night would be ideal to get things rolling. We’re looking forward to meeting you all virtually, To register please use this link. Lynda was recently a guest on Newstalk with Sean Moncrieff, you can catch up with her Movies and Booze segment over a cuppa here.
Following this, we’re hosting our first in-person event on Monday 23rd May in Sister Ray, Rathmines from 6.00pm – 7.30pm. We are conscious that Covid-19 is still a looming issue and as such this will be a limited ticket event. If there is sufficient interest we can explore running two separate sessions that day to ensure there is a safe number of attendees. Tickets for this will be €20.00 plus booking fee, and all money raised will go towards the running of this and future events. We are so excited to have the chance to meet everyone in person, and if you cannot attend please don’t fret as we have many plans for the year ahead. To purchase your tickets click here.
- Findlater & Co are seeking a Wine Sales Manager. This is a permanent role based in Dublin with the candidate reporting directly to their On Trade Channel Distributor.
- Dalcassian Wines and Spirits are looking for two office admin workers, both full-time roles. If you’re interested or want more information please email Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wines Direct, business development/account manager to cover Donegal, Sligo, Cavan and Leitrim. More information can be found here.
- In Kilkenny, the Wine Centre is seeking a sales associate. Interested parties can apply here.
- There is an opening for a Wine Specialist for the Wholesale Department, Celtic Whiskey Shop & Wines on the Green.
- Adare Manor is seeking both a sommelier and a junior sommelier.
- Pernod Ricard is looking for a Business Development Executive and a Tour Guide/Brand Ambassador for the Jameson Distillery. Both positions are based in Dublin.
- Amy Austin is on the lookout for a restaurant manager with a passion for wine. Email your interest to email@example.com.
- 12th April Wine Spirit Women free online tasting with A Class of Wine from 7.00pm – 8.00pm. Registration link here.
- If you’re new to the wine and spirits industry or thinking of taking that path, why not sign up for this webinar by Wine Scholar Guild. on 9th April?
- Cork residents will love this whiskey & beer tasting evening with Jameson’s Master Cooper & founder of the Franciscan Well.
- Check out this fancy Sensory Dinner in Café en Seine to celebrate House of Peroni‘s 0.0% beer on the 15th of April.
- In Belfast, Indie Füde are hosting Irish Answers to European Cheese Cravings on 23rd April. Tickets are available here.
If you have an event or job opening you’d like us to include in our newsletter and blog you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note due to GDPR regulations, we are requesting all members for 2022 fill out a new membership form. If you have not done so yet you can find it at this link. Furthermore, if you are receiving this email and no longer wish to be a part of Wine Spirit Women please drop us an email and we’ll update your preferences.
Sinéad Smyth, Chairperson Wine Spirit Women